[bc-gnso] ALERTS from the Secretariat: TAS Interruption - Update (17 May 2012)

Benedetta Rossi bc-secretariat at icann.org
Mon May 21 13:43:37 UTC 2012

Dear BC Members,

Please find below a TAS interruption update.

Kind Regards,

Benedetta Rossi
BC Secretariat
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home
www.bizconst.org
bc-secretariat at icann.org

https://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-2-17may12-en.htm

  TAS Interruption - Update (17 May 2012)

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

As we announced last week, ICANN is targeting 22 May 2012 as the
reopening date for the TLD Application System, or TAS. Specifically, we
are targeting 19:00 GMT/UTC on 22 May for the reopening.

When we took the system offline on 12 April, just over twelve hours
remained in the application window. We anticipate keeping TAS open for
eight full days to allow users to review their applications and complete
any remaining activities. We expect to close TAS at 23:59 GMT/UTC on 30
May 2012.

We appreciate the community's continued interest and feedback on the TAS
interruption.

<http://gnso.icann.org>