[bc-gnso] ALERTS From the Secretariat: TAS Reopens | ICANN

Benedetta Rossi bc-secretariat at icann.org
Tue May 22 12:34:24 UTC 2012

Dear BC Members,

Please find below an ICANN announcement regarding the TAS' reopening.

Kind Regards,

Benedetta Rossi
BC Secretariat
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsobc/Home
www.bizconst.org
bc-secretariat at icann.org

http://www.icann.org/en/news/announcements/announcement-21may12-en.htm

Statement by Akram Atallah, COO

The TLD Application System, or TAS, has reopened. All registered
applicants can now log in, review and submit their applications.

The system will remain open until 23:59 GMT/UTC on 30 May 2012.
Consistent with our previous practice and to allow the application
window to open as soon as possible, two-hour maintenance windows have
been scheduled as follows: 22 May at 16:30 GMT/UTC, 25 May at 23:00 UTC,
and 29 May at 22:00 UTC.

Applicants are encouraged to review "/Top Things Users Should Know When
TAS Reopens,/" posted on the new gTLD microsite at
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/applicants/tas/top-ten. The document
provides advice on logging into and completing applications, submitting
wire transfers, and contacting customer service with any issues users
might encounter.

During the last few weeks, we have fixed the technical glitch that
caused us to take the system offline. Also, to address user feedback, we
have improved the overall system performance and the HTML preview function.

In our continuing review of the system logs and system traffic, we
determined that in two instances, a single file might have been
temporarily unavailable to an applicant. Full access to those two files
has been restored. ICANN notified the affected users.

We recognize and regret the inconvenience caused by this glitch and the
delayed closing of the application window.