[bc-gnso] ICANN DNS L-Root announcements

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Mon May 21 19:37:29 UTC 2012

Hello Jim,

I would tend to agree with you.  This just seems to be news fodder for
ICANN, self-promotion considering that most of the news worth events in the
past couple of months have not exactly shed a positive light on ICANN's
technical expertise.

Personal I have always objected to an technical coordinator having any role
in operating  critical registry infrastructure, unfortunately this is a
chess piece ICANN will not let give up should NTIA ever decide not to renew
the IANA contact.  For fun try and ask ICANN for its legal authority to
operate the L-Root.

Best regards,

Michael