[bc-gnso] Intersessional Meeting Questioni

Chris Chaplow chris at andalucia.com
Thu Oct 4 11:28:27 UTC 2012

Dear Phil,

Thanks for the question.

I  think it is still in early stages but my understanding is what is
published in the Board Approved FY13 budget.

<http://www.icann.org/en/about/financials/adopted-opplan-budget-fy13-24jun12
-en.pdf>
http://www.icann.org/en/about/financials/adopted-opplan-budget-fy13-24jun12-
en.pdf

Appendix 5 on page 68  - Note 2 on page 69 says

Note 2:  “A number of ICANN communities have proposed funding for
intercessional meetings and outreach in various regions. ICANN believes that
this presents potentially valuable opportunities for outreach and capacity
building. Before committing to host the various requests, this two day
January 2013 pilot program   (in a hub city) will allow the organization to
explore the idea and will serve to gather participants from all non contract
communities. One day of the program will give the communities the
opportunity to reach out to prospective members and the second would provide
cross collaboration opportunities. Expenses would include staff coordination
time, travel support and limited scribing, recording and transcript.

I have heard mention of end January.   LA or Brussels?     Rob Hogarth is
tasked with working on the project.

The BC had requested funding for outreach events in Europe and Africa, but
most other constituencies  had requested   intercessional meetings.  The
result of BC request was “YES See note 2.”

Hope that helps.

Chris Chaplow
Managing Director
Andalucia.com S.L.
Avenida del Carmen 9
Ed. Puertosol, Puerto Deportivo
1ª Planta, Oficina 30
Estepona, 29680
Malaga, Spain
Tel: + (34) 952 897 865Fax: + (34) 952 897 874
E-mail:  <mailto:chris at andalucia.com> chris at andalucia.com
Web:  <http://www.andalucia.com/> www.andalucia.com
Information about Andalucia, Spain.