[bc-gnso] RE: Intersessional Meeting Questioni

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Thu Oct 4 12:28:54 UTC 2012

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050
Washington, DC 20004
202-559-8597/Direct
202-559-8750/Fax
202-255-6172/cell

Twitter: @VlawDC

From: Chris Chaplow [mailto:chris at andalucia.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:28 AM
To: Phil Corwin; 'bc - GNSO list'
Subject: Intersessional Meeting Questioni

Dear Phil,

Thanks for the question.

I  think it is still in early stages but my understanding is what is published in the Board Approved FY13 budget.

http://www.icann.org/en/about/financials/adopted-opplan-budget-fy13-24jun12-en.pdf

Note 2:  "A number of ICANN communities have proposed funding for intercessional meetings and outreach in various regions. ICANN believes that this presents potentially valuable opportunities for outreach and capacity building. Before committing to host the various requests, this two day January 2013 pilot program   (in a hub city) will allow the organization to explore the idea and will serve to gather participants from all non contract communities. One day of the program will give the communities the opportunity to reach out to prospective members and the second would provide cross collaboration opportunities. Expenses would include staff coordination time, travel support and limited scribing, recording and transcript.

I have heard mention of end January.   LA or Brussels?     Rob Hogarth is tasked with working on the project.

The BC had requested funding for outreach events in Europe and Africa, but most other constituencies  had requested   intercessional meetings.  The result of BC request was "YES See note 2."

Hope that helps.

Chris Chaplow
Managing Director
Andalucia.com S.L.
Avenida del Carmen 9
Ed. Puertosol, Puerto Deportivo
1ª Planta, Oficina 30
Estepona, 29680
Malaga, Spain
Tel: + (34) 952 897 865Fax: + (34) 952 897 874
E-mail: chris at andalucia.com<mailto:chris at andalucia.com>