[bc-gnso] Announcement of BC NomCom representatives to 2013 NomCom

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Sun Sep 30 19:48:54 UTC 2012

Marilyn,

I have been rather busy so my apologizes for what may seem like a stupid
question, but how did the ExeComm just appoint the Nominating Committee
representatives.  The relevant portion from the BC is states in relevant
part "[t]he Executive Committee will . confirm appointments or establish
elections for the BC delegates to the Nominating Committee"

Now if there were just two nominations I have no problem with the ExeComm
appointing these individuals, but when there are three candidates for two
slots I think the charter anticipates there being an election?

Any help in explain the process and its consistency with the Charter would
be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Michael