[bc-gnso] FOR REVIEW BY 27-Dec-2013: follow-up on singular-plural TLDs

Laura Covington lhc at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Dec 20 19:37:49 UTC 2013

Looks good.  Thank you, Andy and Steve.

Laura Covington
VP, Intellectual Property Policy
Yahoo! Inc.
lhc at yahoo-inc.com
408.349.5187

From: Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco at netchoice.org<mailto:sdelbianco at netchoice.org>>
Date: Friday, December 20, 2013 11:09 AM
To: "'bc-GNSO at icann.org<mailto:'bc-GNSO at icann.org> GNSO list'" <bc-gnso at icann.org<mailto:bc-gnso at icann.org>>
Subject: [bc-gnso] FOR REVIEW BY 27-Dec-2013: follow-up on singular-plural TLDs

Please review the attached brief letter we propose sending to ICANN’s new gTLD Program Committee (NGPC).

This is a last-gasp attempt to get an “implementation” change to prevent singular and plural TLDs for the same string.  (car/cars, hotel/hotels )

Andy Abrams (Google) and I drafted this to focus NGPC on something the Board just approved for IDN ccTLD Fast track.

This letter closely follows the BC’s approved 29-October letter to NGPC.   Therefore the Executive Committee has authorized an abbreviated review period of 7 days.

Please REPLY ALL with edits or objections to sending this letter, before Friday 27-Dec-2013.

—Steve