[bc-gnso] RE: Updated draft for approval on 14-Jan: BC comment on Strawman Solution

Deutsch, Sarah B sarah.b.deutsch at verizon.com
Mon Jan 14 13:00:09 UTC 2013

Steve,

Thanks for the good work on the comments.  I have two comments.  First, on the Claims 2 notice, I would urge the following change:  "Accordingly, the BC supports a reasonable fee for the notice service PROVIDED THE CLAIMS 2 NOTICE CONTAINS THE SAME INFORMATION AND AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY THE REGISTRANT AS THE CLAIMS 1 NOTICE"  Without this change, it could be misread to mean the BC supports the business community paying all the costs for a an ineffective notice.

The comments again appear to be silent on the changes we are seeking to the URS.  Even though that issue is on a separate track at ICANN, this paper seems to be the place to remind them of the substantive remedies the IPC/BC working group proposed as a key priority, such as a real loser pays model and a permanent suspension remedy.  I would urge at least a few sentences on the importance of making the URS a meaningful (and not just low cost) remedy.

Sarah