[bc-gnso] Nominating Committee June Report Card

Ron Andruff randruff at rnapartners.com
Tue Jun 11 19:58:17 UTC 2013

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to have a look at our work product. ;o)

In point of fact, you understanding is not right.  What happens is that each
new Nom Com sits for its first meeting at the Annual Meeting of ICANN (in
the case of Waudo and I, we joined the 2013 Nom Com in Toronto).  All
appointees from the previous Nom Com are sat at that year’s Annual Meeting.
So the work that we are doing now to winnow the long list of candidates for
the Board of Directors, GNSO Council, ccNSO and ALAC will come to a
conclusion with Nom Com face-to-face interviews with the short list and
final selection all done in Durban.  Nom Com 2013 appointees will then
assume their responsibilities at ICANN 48 in Buenos Aires in November at the
same time as 2013 appointees take their new positions.

I trust that this clarifies the process andtiming, however please feel free
to ask for more clarification where needed.

Kind regards,

RA

Ron Andruff

RNA Partners