[bc-gnso] ICANN staff admits concerns about string confusion decisions

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Fri Oct 4 15:39:45 UTC 2013

Here's what I just mentioned on the call and in the Chat.  Would be helpful for John and Zahid to ask Christine/staff for  a progress report on their work on this

See ICANN's Christine Willett video interview here<http://www.icann.org/en/news/press/kits/video-willett-new-gtld-17sep13-en.htm>.

At 1:50 Christine discusses string confusion evaluations. She admits there are concerns over experts' decisions and said, "There isn't an appeal process, but Staff is working diligently with dispute resolution service providers to ensure that all procedures have been followed and to look at the expert determinations — we’re looking at these consistency issues."

Also see DomainIncite article here<http://domainincite.com/14512-icann-looking-into-string-confusion-confusion>.

Executive Director
NetChoice
http://www.NetChoice.org and http://blog.netchoice.org