[bc-gnso] RV: Pending trademark claim on XXXX

Chris Chaplow chris at andaluciaws.com
Wed Feb 5 18:36:38 UTC 2014

Just thought BC members might want to see wording of an early notice TM notice on a new gTLD.

It is actually a registrar pre-registration on general registration of a domain against a mark that my client has in the TMCH. Sunrise registrations are about 150€ and general registration is 30€ so to protect a brand that is not in the worldwide spotlight this is a more economical option. (I edited out the domain name)

Chris Chaplow, important information inside regarding a trademark claim and your domain.

Early notice:
Pending trademark claim

  <http://imagesak.secureserver.net/promos/htmlemails/template/pinch_x2.gif>

Dear Chris Chaplow,

Thank you for pre-registering XXXXXXX. Your domain matches at least one trademark record submitted to the Trademark Clearinghouse.

In the coming days, we'll send you another notice explaining how to acknowledge the trademark claim.

If you choose not to respond to the claim check, GoDaddy will send in the registration after May 06, 2014, if the domain name is still available.

Questions? Take a look at this FAQ:

1.	Why am I getting a claim check notification?
You pre-registered a domain name that is a trademarked name. A claim check is a process that protects trademark holders and notifies them of potential domain names registered with their mark.
2.	What is a trademark?
A trademark is a recognizable sign, design or expression that identifies products or services of a particular source from those of others.
3.	What happens next?
Approximately 48 hours before February 12, 2014, you will be asked to acknowledge the claim check in a separate email.

If you choose not to respond to the claim check, GoDaddy will send in the registration after May 06, 2014, if the domain name is still available.

If you are not awarded the domain name due to a trademark violation, we will issue you a refund, less any application fees.

Please do not reply to this email, as we are not able to respond to messages sent to this address.

Copyright © 1999-2014 GoDaddy.com, LLC. All rights reserved.

  <http://img.securepaynet.net/bbimage.aspx?pl=1&isc=gdbb2599&e=technical%40andaluciaws.com&tid=2599&eid=1355916105&mid=a71e956f-ca5f-42b4-ad7a-063d691bc8f2>