[bc-gnso] FOR REVIEW: BC comment on ICANN's focus for 5-year strategic plan

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Sat Jan 18 17:27:45 UTC 2014

Attached is the current draft BC comment on ICANN’s Vision, Mission & Focus for 5-year Strategic Plan, which came out of last summer’s "brainstorming" by board, community and staff. (link<http://www.icann.org/en/about/planning/strategic-engagement/focus-areas-29oct13-en.pdf>)

Tim Chen and Chris Chaplow led drafting of the BC comment, with help from Martin Sutton, Marilyn Cade, and Andrew Mack.

Comments close 31-Jan, so today begins our 14-day review period.

We need draft comments for Focus Area V: Defining role clarity for ICANN in the Internet governance ecosystem.
Yesterday I shared my views about ICANN limiting its mission and avoiding entanglements in the broader I-Gov debate.       If no BC members contribute text for Area V, then I can draft something next week.

Please REPLY ALL with edits (TRACK CHANGES)as soon as possible, since the comment deadline is 31-Jan-2014.

Thanks again to Tim and Chris for taking the lead on this.

—
Steve DelBianco
Vice chair for policy coordination