[bc-gnso] FOR REVIEW: BC comment on Proposed Specification 13 to Registry Agreement for .Brand gTLDs

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Thu Jan 23 02:07:57 UTC 2014

Attached is the draft BC comment on Proposed Specification 13 to the Registry Agreement for ".Brand" new gTLDs.

The Brand Registry Group (link<http://brandregistrygroup.org>) has proposed a new Spec 13 for .brand registries (link<https://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/spec13-06dec13-en.htm>).   On our 9-Jan call, Andy Abrams and Stephanie Duchesneau volunteered to draft a BC comment.

Their draft was discussed on our 16-Jan call.  Andy and Stephanie suggest 2 amendments for benefit of business users, regarding affiliates and sunrise periods.  They also note that the BC addressed several dot-brand registry issues in pages 9-12 of our 2010 Comments (link<http://www.bizconst.org/Positions-Statements/BC%20on%20Final%20App%20Guidebook.pdf>).

Comments close 31-Jan, and last Thursday’s call began our 14-day review period.   Please REPLY ALL with edits (TRACK CHANGES) as soon as possible, since the comment deadline is 31-Jan-2014.

Thanks again to Andy and Stephanie for taking the lead on this.

—
Steve DelBianco
Vice chair for policy coordination