[bylaws-coord] Update requested on overall project plan

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Apr 13 13:12:59 UTC 2016

Hello Mathieu,

>>  Finally, a statement in Akram’s blog struck me as a shift from our previous discussions. The blog states “The Bylaws will only become effective upon the successful completion of the transition.” I was under the impression in Marrakech that only the subset of Bylaws that are related to the IANA contract expiring would see its effectiveness delayed until the transition. I would appreciate clarification here whether this intent has changes, and what is the rationale.

I think that is right.   My understand is that the Board will aim to approve the accountability bylaws once they have passed public comment.

There are a few things like some of the agreements, which are affected by  the current IANA contract with the NTIA, that come into effect after the transition.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin