[Capacity-Building-WG] Presentation for Capacity Building Session on Communcations for April 17 2014

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Thu Apr 17 08:28:12 UTC 2014

Dear Olivier,

Thank you so much for your email. I’m taking the liberty of replying as I am
pretty sure Dev will not be up by now J

I have the corrected the typo to Tunisia, thanks for pointing that out.

Slides 10 and 11 concern the AC room, and not a conference call so to speak.
It is a hands on practice period with participants who will fiddle around
with hands raised, agree/ disagree etc, so that they are comfortable with
these features throughout the presentation.

The actual joining of conference calls comes after mailing lists, Skype and
the wiki, as conference calls are punctual moments, whereas the use of
mailing lists, Skype chat, and the wiki are part of members’ daily tools.

The Adigo code slide comes at the end of the conference call section, as we
followed the chronology of a member looking up a meeting, from the At-Large
calendar, to sending an apology, requesting a dial out (here is the dial out
explanation), and finally dialling into the call.

I hope this helps. We were reluctant to put in too much text, as these are
going to be interpreted. Hence why without the verbal linking from slide to
slide, it can appear to be screenshot after screenshot.

We needed the slides to be illustrative more than textual.

Please let me know if this is still unclear.

Thank you for your input!

Kindest regards

Nathalie