[cc-humanrights] ICANN and Human Rights conf call summary - 22 Jan
Lee.HIBBARD at coe.int
Thu Jan 22 14:12:17 UTC 2015
Thanks to Stefania, Niels, Marilia and Rafik for being on today’s conf call which can be summarised as follows:
- 29 Jan deadline for preparing near-final drafts of the FAQ (Stefania) and the paper on corporate social responsibility of ICANN with respect to human rights (Niels, Monika) – written comments should be sent to them asap (preferably before Sunday),
- From 29 Jan onwards, contacts made with ACs and SOs (Rafik) – their general buy-in and participation in the meeting are central to a balanced discussion in Singapore,
- Draft agenda items include: Welcoming words (Fadi? Marilia and Rafik to follow-up) + intro/framing/explaining why we are here (Marilia, Rafik) + Corporate responsibility of ICANN to respect human rights? (Monika) + Open discussion on moving the process forward (moderator TBD); wrap-closing remarks + moderators(s) TBD [Niels and Lee?]
- Flyer/agenda for meeting (Stefania, Niels),
- Next conf call scheduled for Fri 30 Jan 13:00 CET, including discussion on outreach and ensuring balanced participation in the meeting
From: cc-humanrights-bounces at icann.org [mailto:cc-humanrights-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of HIBBARD Lee
Sent: mercredi 21 janvier 2015 09:53
To: 'Human Rights'
Subject: [cc-humanrights] ICANN and Human Rights conf call summary - 16 Jan
Thanks to Marilia, Niels, Stefania and Rafik for joining yesterday’s conf call which is summarised as follows:
- The ICANN and Human Rights meeting at ICANN53 in Singapore will take place in room “Sofia” on Wed 11 Feb, from 10:30-12:00,
- ICANN and Human Rights follow-up paper, done by Niels and Monika, being reworked, UDRP removed and focus in Ruggie principles. Emphasis on policies and their implementation was stressed,
- Contact all SOs and ACs to: (i) share papers, (ii) arrange bilaterals before the meeting, and (iii) invite them to the meeting…and to send this info to the mailing list (thanks Rafik),
- Next conf call on 22 Jan (see below) – to discuss draft version of the paper and agenda of meeting inc moderation etc.
From: cc-humanrights-bounces at icann.org<mailto:cc-humanrights-bounces at icann.org> [mailto:cc-humanrights-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of HIBBARD Lee
Sent: mardi 20 janvier 2015 08:43
To: 'Human Rights'
Cc: 'Nicolas.Rollier at bakom.admin.ch'
Subject: Re: [cc-humanrights] ICANN and Human Rights conf call summary - 16 Jan
Please find attached the conf call dial-in details for those participating in calls today and this Thursday as mentioned below.
Many thanks to Nicolas from the Swiss Federal Office of Communications (OFCOM) for arranging the calls.
From: HIBBARD Lee
Sent: vendredi 16 janvier 2015 18:20
To: Human Rights
Cc: Nicolas.Rollier at bakom.admin.ch<mailto:Nicolas.Rollier at bakom.admin.ch>
Subject: ICANN and Human Rights conf call summary - 16 Jan
Thanks to Marilia, Stephanie, Niels, Susan, and Stefania for joining me on today’s conf call.
I would summarise the discussion as follows:
- Conf call on 20 Jan 13:00-14:00 CET to discuss scope and other elements for a draft charter of a cross-community working group (Marilia, Stephanie, Lee, Avri?, Stefania? agreed to participate on call).
- Conf call on 22 Jan 13:00-14:00 CET to discuss progress in preparing/finalising: (i) the FAQ (Joy), (ii) summary of the CoE paper (Marilia, Stephanie, Susan), (ii) applied scenarios paper (Niels, Monika).
- Securing the date, time and place of the meeting room, during ICANN52, on the drafting of a charter for a CCWG (Rafik, Niels).
- Apprising colleagues from ALAC, GNSO, ccNSO, GAC, SSAC, NCSG about progress on ICANN and human rights, and secure their availability for a conf call during the week of 2 Feb to discuss their views on this and public interest, accountability issues etc (All).
For reference I attach the working docs so far produced by colleagues.
I would also invite Nicolas Rollier to organise conf calls for the first two bullets above (many thanks Nicolas).
Regards and thanks to all. Speak soon.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the cc-humanrights