[cc-humanrights] HR FAQs

Stefania Milan netpolicy at stefaniamilan.net
Mon Jan 26 15:32:53 UTC 2015

Susan- it depends on how long we want it to be. also, i am multitasking right now, so not sure right now I have the full overview.
I guess those that i need help with are the following:
What does domain name registration have to do with human rights? (was originally included in question 2, “what have HRs to do with ICANN” but goes beyond the remit of that questions, i think. would be good to write something about it, perhaps looking inside the Ruggie principles.)
Were the obligations in terms of human rights encompassed in the original articles of commitment?
Jurisdiction is a big issue in terms of application of privacy law, freedom of expression, and prosecution of offences.  How would those in favour of a more sustained effort to integrate human rights into ICANN policy propose to navigate the jurisdictional issues?