[cc-humanrights] short overview issues discussed on the call

Marianne Franklin m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk
Mon Jun 1 17:34:55 UTC 2015

HI all

Thanks Niels for the summary.

Just wondering about the second point re. authorship of the report as it
is circulated. It has been the outcome of a working party from the CCWP
under the auspices of Article 19; strikes me that conveying it this way
sets the tone for the consultative spirit it has developed in so far.
The final draft needs to be circulated to the wider CCWP for comment as
the next stage?

It is a finer point but I understood that this report has come this far
based on a working party principle with leadership provided by Article
19 and Monika as the principle drafter... unless I am mistaken. For
eventual acceptance at the grassroots, within ICANN at least, this
strikes me as accurate.

But maybe I misunderstood this part of the meeting as have only just
joined these discussions.

best
MF

On 01/06/2015 13:33, Niels ten Oever wrote:

--
Marianne Franklin, PhD
Professor of Global Media and Politics
Convener: Global Media & Transnational Communications Program
Goldsmiths (University of London)
Department of Media & Communications
New Cross, London SE14 6NW
Tel: +44 20 7919 7072
<m.i.franklin at gold.ac.uk>
@GloComm
https://twitter.com/GloComm
http://www.gold.ac.uk/media-communications/staff/franklin/
https://www.gold.ac.uk/pg/ma-global-media-transnational-communications/
Chair of the Global Internet Governance Academic Network (GigaNet)
Steering Committee/Former Co-Chair Internet Rights & Principles Coalition (UN IGF)
www.internetrightsandprinciples.org
@netrights