[cc-humanrights] short overview issues discussed on the call

Niels ten Oever niels at article19.org
Tue Jun 2 12:28:51 UTC 2015

Hi Marianne,

Response inline:

On 06/01/2015 07:34 PM, Marianne Franklin wrote:
> HI all
>
> Thanks Niels for the summary.
>
> Just wondering about the second point re. authorship of the report
> as it is circulated. It has been the outcome of a working party
> from the CCWP under the auspices of Article 19; strikes me that
> conveying it this way sets the tone for the consultative spirit it
> has developed in so far. The final draft needs to be circulated to
> the wider CCWP for comment as the next stage?

Thanks for this. That sounds great with me, although it's not exactly
what we agreed in the call. Could other people chip in on this?

> It is a finer point but I understood that this report has come this
> far based on a working party principle with leadership provided by
> Article 19 and Monika as the principle drafter... unless I am
> mistaken. For eventual acceptance at the grassroots, within ICANN
> at least, this strikes me as accurate.

Monika is the principle drafter, and for that she is contracted by
Article19. There has also been sizable input from Gabrielle and me.

> But maybe I misunderstood this part of the meeting as have only
> just joined these discussions.

Hope this clear things up.

Best,

Niels