[cc-humanrights] Update: map/chart of ICANN's policies and processes

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 14:16:21 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

As you know after the CCWP meeting in Buenos Aires we have started two
tracks of work, one of them focused on developing a visual chart of ICANN's
policies and operations that impact on human rights and on mapping
opportunities for assessing HR impact on the policy development process
(PDP).

This is a quick update of this work based on the call that we had today

Participants: Rafik Dammak, Niels, Valeria Betancourt, Alan and Marília

- We identified the relevant documents that will be used as a base to
develop the map/chart. Most of them are available in our wiki space:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=53772653

- A call was set for next Tuesday (16/09) at 13:00 UTC to discuss a
proposal of visualisation.

- A short brief with an analysis of the GNSO policy development process and
opportunities to introduce human rights issues is being produced.

- Drafts will be shared with this list by 02/10 for comments and feedback

- The outputs will be living documents, to be further enhanced and
completed by the community through inputs received in the meeting in Dublin
and beyond.

Last but not least, thanks to Rafik for organising this call.

If anyone wishes to contribute to developing these materials, just please
let us know!

Best wishes,
Marília

--
*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en