[cc-humanrights] CCWP SG 3 PDP meet tomorrow

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Tue Apr 19 16:52:55 UTC 2016

Niels and All,
I wanted to belatedly share how much we are looking forward to your
contributions in the working groups -- and second your call below! Human
rights are a key part of the Registration Directory Services Working
Group (designed to rewrite the Whois, and therefore looking closely at
data protection laws) and the Rights Protection Mechanism WG, looking at
domain name disputes, and legitimate reasons to seize and defend domain
names (with all of the implications for freedom of expression, trademark
law, etc). I know the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG is revisiting
rules for future rounds rolling out new generic top level domains.

So hats off to all of you, and thank you. We certainly need your
expertise, insight and guidance in the WGs now in progress!
Best,
Kathy Kleiman