[cc-humanrights] Mapping table - ICANN and human rights

Motoko Aizawa motoko.aizawa at ihrb.org
Thu Mar 3 16:39:14 UTC 2016

Dear Marillia:  Thank you for forwarding the HR table.  It is very helpful
to see your analysis.

I was particularly interested in several references to the Ombudsman
office/procedure. It is a good place to glean information about complaints
that have human rights dimensions. For example, I found in the 2014 report
of the Ombudsman that "Other community complaints included a substantial
complaint about sexism and the use of sexist language, as well as
complaints about decision-making and voting within Supporting Organizations
and Advisory Committees." The sexism complaint certainly involves a human
right.

I wonder whether you had a chance to dig in deeper about the typology of
complaints beyond the high level information that the 2014 report presents
and analyze the complaints against the international human rights
framework. If not, I thought I would try to engage with Chris, but wanted
to check with you first.

Thanks and see you soon in Marrakech.

Motoko

*Motoko Aizawa | Managing Director USA*
*M* +1 202 763 1503 *|**S* MotokoSkype11 *I* *W* www.ihrb.org *I T* *@
<haley.st.dennis at ihrb.org>**IHRB*
*Bogot*á *| **Brussel**s * *| **Geneva* *| **London* *|** Nairobi* *|
**Washington
D.C.* *|* *Yangon*