[cc-humanrights] ICANN55 overview, welcome new members, and road forward

Chris LaHatte chris.lahatte at icann.org
Sun Mar 20 21:12:08 UTC 2016

Please feel free to engage with me whenever this work crosses into my role
Regards

Chris LaHatte
Ombudsman
Blog  https://omblog.icann.org/
Webpage http://www.icann.org/en/help/ombudsman
For feedback on how I am doing http://www.icannombudsman.feedback/

Confidentiality
All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.  The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the complaint being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make inquiries about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and identity of, a complainant in order to further the resolution of the complaint.  The Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that if staff and Board members are made aware of the existence and identity of a complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of such information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a complaint.