[cc-humanrights] [urgent] CCWP HR Working Session Wednesday Nov 8 17 PM

Aarti Bhavana aarti.bhavana at nludelhi.ac.in
Tue Nov 8 12:25:46 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find below notes from today's session.

Cheers,
Aarti

*CCWP-HR Working Session (8 Nov)*

Publication:

   - gTLD paper
   - WHOIS paper
   - HR infographic

Website: (Niels’ Christmas task-list)

   - as an improvement over the confluence
   - basic intro to HR, why are we looking at HR in ICANN, case studies,
   other publications that feed in (e.g. COE papers), practical application
   - maybe use language that will be recognised at ICANN, e.g. use cases
   - expandable infograph
   - comprehensive in the areas that we are looking into- not the entire
   field of HR and ICANN
   - use parts of the Dublin paper where applicable
   - Regulatory impact assessment- this will also take into account human
   rights, along with economic, competition issues.

Timeline:

   -  Website should be up in the coming months
   - Have a report in its draft stage that can be presented internally to
   CCWP

COE:

   - webinar to discuss the report- get GAC representatives, Board members,
   Avri, Jamie Baxter
   - Support COE on organising it. CCWP would be the host, basically.
   - Try to also have a session on this in Copenhagen- Niels and Peter
   Kimpian will be working on this. Matt will help out. Keep an eye out to
   avoid a conflict with the event that COE is organising

Calls- only plenary calls

WHOIS paper- Stephanie will peer review and send in her comments.

Aarti Bhavana | Program Officer
Centre for Communication Governance | National Law University, Delhi |
Sector-14,
Dwarka, New Delhi - 110078 | Fax: (+91) 11-280-34256 | www.ccgdelhi.org .
www.ccgtlr.org <http://www.ccgdelhi.org/> .
*https://ccgnludelhi.wordpress.com/author/aartibhavana/