[cc-humanrights] Draft 1 - ICANN and economic, social, cultural rights

vidushi at cis-india.org vidushi at cis-india.org
Thu Jan 19 14:18:46 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

It's been a while! Hope everyone is having a great start to the year.

Following our discussion in Hyderabad, I began working on a report that studies the economic, social and cultural rights impact of ICANN's policies and procedures. There is very little literature on this at the moment and so I think it will be a useful addition to our work. Ahead of our call tomorrow, I'm sharing the first draft of this report: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-bexABsbetOsP2nPubhxqE3cas6UbuXJiapAendAfQk/edit?usp=sharing

Look forward to discussing this with you all. In addition to comments and suggestions on the paper in general, I'd be interested to hear feedback on the following:
1. The choice to confine the report to one instrument for economic, social and cultural rights, as opposed to a broader analysis.
2. Possible policies and procedures we could look into further.

Sincerely,

Vidushi