[cc-humanrights] Meeting Minutes – Due Diligence and Why it Matters

Collin Kurre collin at article19.org
Fri Aug 3 18:21:42 UTC 2018

Dear colleagues,

Thanks to everyone who attended our Tuesday meeting on “Due Diligence: Why it Matters,” and a special thanks to our guest speakers: Raphaël Beauregard-Lacroix, Michael Samway, and Michele Neylon. This was a timely conversation, contextualizing the GDPR and the imminent activation of ICANN’s Human Rights Bylaw within the broader context of evolving rights-related norms in the ICT sector. Minutes from the meeting are attached below.

We have a slight lull now before work to implement the HR Bylaw begins — great time for research and creative thinking. I encourage everyone to share comments, perspectives, resources, or anything of interest on the list. If you have any questions or would prefer to share thoughts privately, feel free to get in touch with me or Michael directly.

Kind regards,
Collin Kurre, CCWP-HR Co-chair

--
Collin Kurre