[cc-humanrights] On ICANNs WS2 announcement

Niels ten Oever mail at nielstenoever.net
Mon May 11 10:44:47 UTC 2020

Dear CCWP HR,

I hope this email finds you all well. Many of you will have seen this announcement by ICANN:

https://www.icann.org/news/blog/moving-toward-implementation-next-steps-for-work-stream-2

Personally I am quite surprised by this statement. The ICANN community has reached consensus on this work in 2018, it took the board until November 2019 to approve it. It is now May 2020 and ICANN wants to start a conversation to prioritize the workload? Not even a process for prioritization is proposed. In my view, this is ICANN pushing WS2 further down the road.

Happy to discuss, but imho, this is far below par.

Best,

Niels

--
Niels ten Oever
Researcher and PhD Candidate

PGP fingerprint	   2458 0B70 5C4A FD8A 9488
                   643A 0ED8 3F3A 468A C8B3