[Ccnso-travelfunding] Form submission from: ICANN60 | Application for ccNSO Travel Funding

Suraj Adhikari surajadhikari at live.com
Wed Jul 12 12:16:16 UTC 2017

Submitted on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 12:16
Submitted values are:

First Name + Last Name: Suraj Adhikari
Affiliation: .np ccTLd Registry, Mercantile Communications Pvt. Ltd.
Email: surajadhikari at live.com
Please specify how you intend to contribute to the work of the ccNSO at the
next ICANN meeting:
Thank you very much for the announcement of this travel funding support of
ccNSO for ICANN 60.
As of today, ICANN 55 is our single experience in .np ccTLD registry history.
I myself participated in that event for the first time. It was exciting
opportunity for me to enhance my knowledge. I tried my best to get involved
with its structures, processes and all about the remarkable
achievements/movements of ccNSO that followed from 2003.
Nepal in a corner side of those historical developments, still not that much
competitive for the contributions.  As I mentioned in my presentation in
ICANN 55, we are here uniquely working for the community, providing
registration services without charge. By this provision of free service, we
cannot generate fund to take part such events whereas others are already in
excellent level of participations / contributions.
Hence I heartily request ccNSO management and funding committee to provide
certain priority to uplift participation from country like Nepal. I am
committed for any contributions that fit with my knowledge in all movements
of ccNSO.
Hope to hear in favor my application.   Best Regards, Suraj Adhikari

Additional relevant information:
Contributions to the community:
1. Administrator .np ccTLD 10 yrs plus
2. Treasurer, ISOC Nepal
3. Member, MSG National IGF of Nepal
I have read the <a href="/about/travel-funding-07apr16-en.pdf"
target="_blank">ccNSO Travel Funding Guidelines</a> and understand the
process and conditions: Yes
Number of times ccNSO funding received the last 3 public ICANN meetings: 1
Do you have your employer's approval to receive ccNSO Travel Funding? Yes, I
have my employer's approval to receive ccNSO Travel Funding (OR, I am not
employed)
Employment status: Yes, I am employed
   --Please, provide your employer's contact information: --
     Employer's Name: Sanjib Rajbhandari
     Employer's Email: sanjib at mercantile.com.np

Would you have the possibility to attend the meeting, if you would only
receive one part of the funding (either plane ticket or hotel only)? No, I
need full funding to be able to attend the meeting