[Area 1] Regarding review and redress

Roelof Meijer Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl
Thu Jan 15 16:32:52 UTC 2015

Thanks for that, Bruce. And so, a review can lead to a redress, but does
not necessarily do so.
If a review concludes a „a wrong or grievance” (Bruce’s wording) and the
advice is binding, redress will follow. If it does not conclude that,
there will be no redress. If the advice is a recommendation, redress might
follow. Or not.

So, @Mathieu re the preliminary draft: I would not consider a review
mechanism to be an example of a redress mechanism. A mechanism whereby the
outcome of (a) review(s) are worked into binding measures, is.

Cheers,

Roelof