[Area 1] Petition Process

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 14:21:51 UTC 2015

Dear Co-Chairs

As I did mention at several occasions there number of inconsistencies
between various part of the second Draft Proposals some of which I raised
and some others I did ask to be checked by the authors of these parts.

One of these inconsistencies are the petition process,

368 stipulate that

"*To trigger community consideration for the use of a community power, an
SO or AC has to agree by a resolution of its governing Body that the power
should be used - the threshold to agree the resolution is a simple
majority" *( means voting ,emphasis is added )

Unquote

At the last WP1 I raised the same question, but Jordan replied that

At the level of potion no voting is required ?

What is wrong and what is right?

Is the statement in paragraph 368 as quoted above is correct? Or if the
explanation by Jordan is correct?
Moreover sub-section 7.3 and 7.4 do not make any clear reference in which
the petition is carried out whereas sun-section 7.3 and 7.4 referred to
that process.

In addition to that , in regard with Fundamental Bylaws the situation is
not clearly mention in regard with initiation of petition in each SO and or
AC?

Consequently, there is a need to closely look at the issue and other
inconsistencies which may exist,

Regards

Kavouss