[ST-WP] CCWG Stress Tests v10.3 as of Wed 29-Apr

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 15:11:56 UTC 2015

Please  see some comments / edits from me  inter-spaced below *<CLO>*, and
I am fine with the v 10.3 mark up ...
​​
​​

*Cheryl Langdon-O**rr ...  *(CLO)

about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr
[image: Cheryl Langdon-Orr on about.me]
  <http://about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr>

On 30 April 2015 at 00:25, Steve DelBianco <sdelbianco at netchoice.org> wrote:

>  Thanks to the Stress Test team for discussion on today’s call.  As
> promised, here is v10.3 of Applying Stress Tests.  I made the in-line edits
> we covered on the call.  And I added two placeholder paragraphs for your
> consideration:
>
>  [placeholder for
>> *<CL​O>  Other Stress Tests and Contingencies ​**Do-It-Yourself*
> paragraph:
>
> Public comment participants may conceive of other contingencies and ​
> ​scenario ​
>
> risks beyond the 26 stress tests identified in this section.  In that
> case, we encourage commenters to apply their own stress test analysis.  To
> do so, a commenter can examine ICANN’s present accountability mechanisms to
> determine whether they adequately address the contingency.  Then, the
> commenter can examine the proposed accountability enhancements in this
> document, and assess whether they give the community adequate means to
> challenge board decisions and to hold the board accountable for its actions.
>

> For example, the stress test team evaluated contingencies that could
> generally be described as external events (cyber attack, financial crisis,
> etc.).  We discovered that while some risk mitigation was possible, it
> became clear that no accountability framework could entirely eliminate the
> risk of such events nor thoroughly alleviate their impact. Instead, it was
> critical to explore the ability of the community to hold ICANN board and
> management accountable for their preparation and reaction to the external
> events. The proposed accountability measures do provide adequate means to
> do so.

​
*<CLO>​     If you believe that there are then contingencies or Stress test
Scenarios  that we need to additionally consider, then please forward those
tot he Stress Test Working Party  via email <to staff?>  and/or add as a
comment to the Wiki page <insert link>  ​*
​