[ST-WP] Stress Test 37

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Fri Oct 16 17:32:51 UTC 2015

Please find attached a suggested draft for a stress test on whether
ICANN is a general content regulator, based on stress test 29 (as it
existed in the Second Draft Report).

Personally, I don't think this should be a new stress test; I think this
is a mere refinement and clarification of stress test 29. It is the
proposal from the ST-WP, which addresses entirely separate concerns,
that should be the new stress test. But as long as this is accepted as a
stress test, what number it is isn't important.

Anyway, as you heard earlier, the text Becky presented about
"clarifying" the limit on ICANN's ability to regulate Internet content
is contested. Earlier this afternoon I sent a proposed revision to the
wp2 mailing list to attempt to resolve that. Provided my proposal to
Becky is accepted, I think the assessment that the current proposal
satisfies the stress test remains valid; if it is not, we will need to
consider it anew.

Malcolm.
--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929