[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] New gTLD Auction Proceeds CCWG

Sylvia Cadena sylvia at apnic.net
Mon Jan 30 22:04:23 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

It seems my email address was just added to the list just a few hours ago, so I hope someone can be so kind and provide a bit of information about what has happened so far, I have not checked yet the ICANN wiki to see what I have missed –sorry- but if someone can be so kind to help me be up to date that will be wonderful ☺

I can see some concrete suggestions about mechanisms already, and a comment about missing out on a meeting, so it seems I lost some information. Do we have a chair and vice-chair already?

The charter gives us some questions to start working on, and it will be great to have a first round around the group to know what are the initial thoughts of the group around those and if there is any questions that are not included there that we should take into consideration. Maybe a google doc can be useful to get our ideas across using the questions as a guideline? Have you already gone through the questions in detail?

And finally, just wanted to say that before starting to shoot ideas about what mechanisms will be best, I would like to ask if it is possible to get assistance a list of the existing financial mechanisms in the US that will not jeopardize ICANN tax status, which is one of the important aspects of the charter that we need to work around. As there are different mechanisms in every country, and not all the people in this group might be familiar with those, then it is important that we have some input about what is available that might be a good fit, to start a conversation with some solid basis. All mechanisms will have pros and cons and it will be good to be able to make an informed recommendation to the board.

Looking forward for a productive exchange of ideas, for the benefit of the Internet we have worked so hard for in our respective region sand through a wide and diverse set of experience.

Warm regards,

Sylvia

Sylvia Cadena  |  APNIC Foundation | Head of Programs | sylvia at apnic.net<mailto:sylvia at apnic.net>
http://www.apnic.foundation<http://www.apnic.foundation/>

ISIF Asia | http://www.isif.asia<http://www.isif.asia/>
FB ISIF.asia | G+ ISIFAsia | @ISIF_Asia

6 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD,  4101 Australia | PO Box 3646
Tel: +61 7 3858 3100 |  Fax: +61 7  3858 3199

* Love trees. Print only if necessary.