[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Recordings, attendance & AC Chat from CCWG Auction Proceeds call on Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Thu Jun 15 16:29:04 UTC 2017

ear all,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the CCWG Auction Proceeds call held on Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

Mp3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-auction-proceeds-15jun17-en.mp3

AC Recording:   https://participate.icann.org/p2xa09xplh1/

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_en_group-2Dactivities_calendar-23nov&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=uidTA5V7RlRhqXBxGhLbVHOzk2lvDzLHK99nhjsKzW0&s=G7owpjQHHbzd9bFlrfdYX7Lik6lU9W8BeG1n7HUqLpI&e=>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/gwvfAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

———————————————

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Thursday, 15 June 2017

 Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome to the CCWG New gTLD Auction Proceeds call on Thursday 15 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC for 90 minutes.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_gwvfAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=zXN1OdptqpT5fXXAsZnzPrQOClPCluXPihINpyBSzHA&s=xp5ms4dQVJCFr_Rk-FQ3VlJvNNAh2PTdVSeE8wclDNo&e=
  Vanda Scartezini:hi everyone!  holiday here...
  Julf Helsingius:Not here :)
  Michelle DeSmyter:Hi there Vanda, welcome!  Glad to have you on! :)
  Vanda Scartezini:@michelle - relevant to liston on XAvier!
  Xavier Calvez:Hello everyone.
  Erika Mann:Hi everyone
  Ching Chiao:hello
  Nadira AL-Araj:Hi all
  Ching Chiao:am dialing in
  Julf Helsingius:Sounds like someone has their mic on
  Vanda Scartezini:hi Erika
  Dietmar Stefitz:Hi erika. We hear you
  Manal Ismail:Hello everyone :) !!
  Vanda Scartezini:hi Manal!
  Manal Ismail:hi Vanda :) !!
  Marika Konings:Please note that the slides have already been circulated by email
  Vanda Scartezini:yes
  Erika Mann:Very good
  Manal Ismail:yes we can hear u
  Erika Mann:Perfect, even better ... I was traveling and could'nt see attachments
  Erika Mann:its's moving Xavier
  Vanda Scartezini:it is perfect Xavier
  Erika Mann:Perfect Xavier
  Carolina Caeiro:The audio is breaking up for me. Anyone else having the same issue?
  Erika Mann:It's fine on my end Carolina but I'm sure someone can look into your connection ... maybe you dial in again
  Marika Konings:@Carolina, are you connected via Adobe Connect or phone?
  Marika Konings:Either way, please try to reconnect as audio is fine on this end.
  Vanda Scartezini:no Carol
  Kavouss Arasteh:Marika, Erika, pls advise to dial me up on  905 374 1077 room 1412
  Carolina Caeiro:I just dialed in again
  Carolina Caeiro:thanks!
  Kavouss Arasteh:pls read chat
  Marika Konings:@Kavouss, a dial out is being set up.
  Erika Mann:We saw your request Kavouss! Marika, can someone tell the operator to call Kavouss please
  Erika Mann:Thanks Marika ... you already responded!
  Vanda Scartezini:thanks, audit is really larger here including fraud...
  Nadira AL-Araj:Is the audit will be conducted on the account for the auction proceed alone or for ICANN as a whole?
  Kavouss Arasteh:My question is that:Is there a special account for the revenuze from aution
  Erika Mann:@Nadira - this we will have to decide ... one single audit or separated audit ....
  Nadira AL-Araj:Thanks, I've got it
  Asha Hemrajani:@Kavouss yes the auction proceeds are kept in a separate fund
  Kavouss Arasteh:did you get my question on whether the incoe from auction is credited to a decdicated account
  Marika Konings:@Kavouss, please the response from Asha right above your question
  Kavouss Arasteh:TKS
  Vanda Scartezini:yes Erika, conservative investiemnts
  Kavouss Arasteh:Are the investment is in US dollars?
  Marika Konings:@Erika - the symbol for Alan and Lars means that they have stepped away.
  Kavouss Arasteh:YES
  Dietmar Stefitz:is everything invested only in the US ? Or globally?
  Nadira AL-Araj:please can you read it
  Erika Mann:@Marika - Thanks, I miss seeing again the right button line, Have to figure out what the problem is actually.
  Daniel Dardailler:Regarding the fiduciaryrequirements that disbursements be made in accordance with ICANN’s mission, are the same auditors in charge of judging the level of accordance ?  This could be a rather technical evaluation.
  Erika Mann:@Nadira - please let us know if your question is fully covered.
  Nadira AL-Araj:Then your fees doesn't come from the account of acution proceed
  Kavouss Arasteh:How the auction account keeping fee are paid
  Erika Mann:@Nadira - can you reframe your questions please? Do you mean whether the auditors will get payed from ICANN operational budget if there is going to be a signle audit process.
  Ching Chiao:"Disbursement must be made for "U.S." lawful purposes" -- just to make sure
  Nadira AL-Araj:I'm following about the auditor fees: Because the auction proceed account is expected to be handled on its own… This implies and expenses of managing it has to be kept separately.  And not covered by ICANN
  Erika Mann:@Daniel - can you speak now?
  Marika Konings:Please note that there still of couple of more slides to cover, so please focus your questions on what has been covered so far. Other issues may be addressed in the rest of the presentation :-)
  Nadira AL-Araj:We can't hear
  Erika Mann:Yes, Marika ... we will move there soon. Thanks for the reminder!
  Daniel Dardailler:I understand that the evaluation of the mission scoping was not an issue up to now, but the auction benefits may introduce one or two level of indirection between ICANN and the spending, so the future evaluation maybe a different animal
  Vanda Scartezini:kavouss and daniel ahd their hands raised
  Erika Mann:@Vanda, thank you
  Daniel Dardailler:OK, got it.
  Erika Mann:@Kavouss is this a new hand
  Marika Konings:I will share all of the questions with Xavier so he can add to the notes as needed which we will then use to build the FAQ for this topic.
  Vanda Scartezini:this is point to us to discuss inside the group too
  Jonathan Robinson:@Xavier. Thjank-you
  Erika Mann:@Vanda - indeed
  Jonathan Robinson:@All. This issue on costs is reasonably important. The question is; to the extent that ICANN has incurred costs to date (in supporting the CWG DT, this CWG and any other costs), should they be (a) absorbed by ICANN as part of general operation or (b) booked against the capital proceeds from the ICANN auctions?
  Julf Helsingius:Jonathan: I agree, it is a pretty important question
  Vanda Scartezini:@jonathan- yes. thanks to repeat the question, rason why I said above that we need to discuss it inside our group.
  Manal Ismail:Good question Jonathan ..
  Daniel Dardailler:If a separate organization is in charge of disbursing the funds, is it possible to "transfer" the legal requirements onto this separate agency ?
  Erika Mann:Daniel - I have a similar question. Do you want to go first with your question?
  Marika Konings:Xavier, I will try to reload the slides to see if it shows the full graphic.
  Erika Mann:We lost slided (or maybe only me?)
  Erika Mann:Slides and not slided
  Daniel Dardailler:after all, it is likely to be a legal organization as well, bound by its own contract with ICANN. how is it different from the other subcontracts ICANN currently run for its mission ?
  Vanda Scartezini:Daniel -complaince goes through the distributors ...so my idea is Yes. shall be follow the money
  Marika Konings:sorry for the delay, am trying to get a version up that shows the graphic properly
  Erika Mann:Thank you Marika!
  Daniel Dardailler:E.g. when I signed the contract with ICANN for the plenary in Paris in 2006, I received money for the event, and if I had spent it on something else,   ICANN would have sued me,  but I suppose they would have been protected against my wrongdoing as a subcontract
  Daniel Dardailler:ok
  Vanda Scartezini:yes very clear
  Nadira AL-Araj:Yes, it clear, thanks
  Mei Lin Fung:Very happy to hear that ICANN's oversight continues over time
  Erika Mann:@Xavier - please check the timing!
  Vanda Scartezini:agree with Alan - that definition will drive our choices
  Dietmar Stefitz:Agree
  Dietmar Stefitz:And there should be a system to make it fast !
  Alan Greenberg:It is a many-body problem with no simple set of rules. If we decide a priori that the "overhead" will be no more than 1%, we will likely find out that we not be able to make that target.
  Alan Greenberg:But if we set a "reasonable" target (and I have no idea how to define that), we can then set policies that match. And ensure that the level of auditing (in the general sense) allows us to meet our fiduciary requirements.
  Vanda Scartezini:as you said ALAN, circular issue.
  Alan Greenberg:"Iterate" is a far more sophisticated word then "circular"!
  Vanda Scartezini:yeah ALan, but we understood the concept
  Marika Konings:Just a reminder on agenda item 4, so far only 2 CCWG members/participants have completed the survey. Please provide your input as it will be essential for our meeting at ICANN59.
  Marika Konings:deadline for responses is 21 June
  Dietmar Stefitz:Thanks Xavier. Really helpful Information!
  Nadira AL-Araj:Thank you Xavier,  Erika...
  Vanda Scartezini:really great presentation  Xavier
  Vanda Scartezini:thank you
  Hadia Elminiawi:Thank you Xavier
  Manal Ismail:Many thanks Xavier and everyone !!
  Xavier Calvez:Thank you everyone for the time and the questions. Please send any remaining questions to Marika.
  Hadia Elminiawi:thank you all
  Carolina Caeiro:Bye, thanks!
  Xavier Calvez:and I will ensure we respond.
  Hadia Elminiawi:bye
  Asha Hemrajani:Looking forward to our meeting in Joburg.  Thank you all.
  Dietmar Stefitz:bye to all