[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] [Ext] RE: Proposed Agenda - CCWG Auction Proceeds Meeting Thursday 25 May

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Thu May 25 13:28:57 UTC 2017

Thanks, Manal, much appreciated. Please find below a response to your question.

Best regards,

Marika

From: "manal at tra.gov.eg" <manal at tra.gov.eg>
Date: Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 05:30
To: Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org>, "ccwg-auctionproceeds at icann.org" <ccwg-auctionproceeds at icann.org>
Subject: [Ext] RE: [Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Proposed Agenda - CCWG Auction Proceeds Meeting Thursday 25 May

Many thanks Marika ..

Please find attached minor suggestions to the letter .. I know that all bullets are ‘copy’ and ‘paste’ form the agreed diagram, but I had the feeling that, for a first-time reader, a few things might not be clear .. So:

-          In the introductory paragraph, I tried to clarify where the ‘initial responses’, referenced throughout the letter, come from;

-          I suggested some edits to bullet point one but I’m flexible; and

-          For bullet point 2 “Address any charter questions that have been identified requiring a response before commencing the next phase ”, I’m just wondering whether we mean here “questions that haven’t been responded to in the Initial Run Through” or something else? as I understand all questions would require a response before commencing the next phase, right? MK: As part of the approach for dealing with the charter questions, it was noted that some questions will require a response / agreement before the CCWG will be able to make a determination with potential mechanisms to explore further while others will need to be addressed in the context of the mechanism(s) the CCWG decides to explore further. For example, the question concerning the overall objective of fund allocation has been identified as one of those questions that needs a response. Similarly, the charter question concerning whether ICANN should oversee the solicitation and evaluation of proposals has been identified as one of the questions that would need to be addressed before considering potential mechanisms as it has a determining factor on which mechanism may be most suitable. Other questions such as overhead and conflict of interest are easier to address one a mechanism(s) has been chosen for further exploration. Does that make sense?

Looking forward to our call today ..

Kind Regards
--Manal