[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Proposed Agenda - CCWG Auction Proceeds Meeting on 19 October at 14.00 UTC

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 16:53:53 UTC 2017

Hello Johnathan,

Thanks for sharing this and I like that it does not try to define "open
Internet" but was more focused on it as a concept in application to ICANN
context. A few comments on the draft.

1. I wonder why root servers was specifically mentioned, wouldn't that
already be covered in the DNS?

2. We mentioned "root servers"; literally there is logically one ICANN root
but there are quite a number of other roots. I believe the intention is not
to cover such non-icann root. I suggest tagging ICANN to that and perhaps
also for DNS [1] as well

3. Bullet point 3 mention "...*whole* Internet community..." I think this
suggests that the project must have a global scope but I wonder if that was
intended? While I can live with that, I suggest removing "whole" as there
might be certain projects that only have regional benefits which will be
good to have.

Regards
1. Unless the term DNS is an ICANN registered trademark
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos