[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] [Ext] Re: Input needed - review of examples - deadline 15 October

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Sep 26 13:28:09 UTC 2017

Daniel, with regard to the second part of your question, the Open Internet definition, note that a small drafting team was formed during the last meeting to review the latest version, consider all input received to date and come back with a proposed draft to the CCWG in time for the next meeting.

In relation to your suggestion, instead of using these to evaluate the current examples, these may be criteria that the CCWG may want to discuss as additional guidance in relation to the objectives? E.g. priority is to be given to projects that have a global vs. local benefit / long-term vs. short term results, etc? I’m not clear on what the value would be at this stage to add these columns as the current exercise is focused on determining what is considered to be within scope of ICANN’s mission / the proposed objectives for fund allocation and not within scope – it is not about prioritizing the type of projects eligible for funding. That may be a later exercise, but not one we are undertaking now as far as I know.

Best regards,

Marika