[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] open whatever, was Please participate - CCWG AP straw poll survey

John R Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sun May 6 01:05:45 UTC 2018

On Sat, 5 May 2018, Daniel Dardailler wrote:
> Anyway, I don't support this last one because if was done before we had the
> "in service" verbiage available, and before we worked on Open and
> Interoperable Internet (not just Open Internet).

I also had problems with that question.

It should be obvious by now that there is no common understanding of what
"Open Internet" or any variant of that phrase means, and even if we spent
another year trying to define it there is no reason to believe that it
would align with ICANN's mission as defined in the bylaws.

Can we drop this time waster, please?  If we need to define what we're
going to support, cut and paste the text of ICANN's mission from section 1
of the bylaws and be done with it.

Regards,