[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] My initial comments

Robert Guerra rguerra at privaterra.org
Wed Oct 24 12:30:31 UTC 2018

Erika,

Thanks for informing us of the meet you had with the icann chair and
details of the board resolution .

as a newcomer to this CCWG, a long time participant at ICANN and a
background in working with donors to support and promote internet related
projects related to security and policy development I see this action as an
important precedent.

 It sends a signal that if it that if we can’t get things moving quicker -
in a timely fashion that is consistent with ICANN’s mission, in a way that
follows legal frameworks for US entities, and addressing real needs , then
the funding might be spent for us. That’s a real concern that should not be
underestimated

While I recognize a lot of important work and discussions have been
undertaken by this ccwg, we have also taken a period of time that is far
too long given the great needs that exist to maintain  a stable, secure and
interoperable  internet

I look forward to meeting some of you in Barcelona, hopefully at the gala
tonight as well working with you virtually in the coming weeks.

Regards

Robert