[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Updated templates and action items

Johan Helsingius julf at julf.com
Tue Apr 9 07:38:15 UTC 2019

Dear All,

I think this particular part stated by the Board is very relevant:

> The request does not include an activity or project that is or

> should be covered by ICANN’s operational budget

So not just "is" but also "should be". Otherwise there could be
a temptation for ICANN (.org) to take various non-core activities
and say "we used to fund you, but now you should go and get
funded by the auction proceeds".

It is also pretty clear that the original intent of the auction
proceeds was to benefit the whole Internet community, not just
sponsor people to participate in ICANN work and events.

	Julf