[ChineseGP] CHS,Hans

ZhangJoe joezhang43 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 3 06:39:12 UTC 2014

According to the question raised during the meeting, I found out that there would be s a misunderstanding:

CHS,or Hans = simplified Chinese Hanzi only.

This is incorrect, since CHS or Hans implies a writing system environment, a script, used mainly in Mainland China, Singapore, which contains

Simplified Hanzi plus Stable Hanzi (传承字,like 一二三,上中下,天地人). And, importantly, the stable Hanzi occupy about 60% in daily usage.

Hanchuan, you will be appreciated if you forward this message to Prof Kim.

Regards,

Zhang