[ChineseGP] (1) Draft agenda of 18 Oct. CJK-only meeting

HiroHOTTA hotta at jprs.co.jp
Mon Oct 12 09:39:01 UTC 2015

Dear CJK GP members,

Below is the draft agenda of 18 Oct. CJK-only meeting and draft
status update of the action items from Buenos Aires meetings.
Please give comments about the format and agenda items.

And,

PLEASE READ THE DRAFTS CAREFULLY AND PREPARE FOR DOCUMENTS OF
   - Necessary information for the agenda items.
   - Report regarding action items from Buenos Aires meetings
AND SEND THEM TO
  ChineseGP at icann.org, JapaneseGP at icann.org, KoreanGP at icann.org
AT LEAST 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING

This time, my plan is that we won't distribute paper-copies.

Regards,
Hiro

                                                         [18 Oct 2015]
                                 [CJK coordination meeting (CJK only)]

                                                      Proposed by Hiro

 ================  draft draft draft draft  ================

agenda of
  1st CJK coordination meeting (CJK only) on 18 Oct 2015

date/time
  Oct 18 2015 xx:xx - xx:xx (1.5 hours)

place
  TBD
  (any remote participants?)

participants

 (the whole list not confirmed yet)

  CGP  Wei WANG
       Kenny Huang
       Di MA
       Chris Dillon
       Ning Kong

  JGP  Hiro Hotta
       Yoshiro Yoneya
       Akinor Maemura
       Yoshitaka Murakami
       Yuri Takamatsu

  KGP  Dongman Lee
       Shin-Young Park
       Minjung PARK

  Advisor Edmon Chung

agenda
  1. working status of the action items from the ICANN Buenos Aires
     meeting

    Action items from Buenos Aires meetings are pasted at the bottom
    of this mail. I commented to each action item with my perception
    of its working status.

  2. each GP update

  3. sharing the result of CJK LGR-alpha analysis (if ready)

  4. discussion on pending coordination issues

       + coordination between "CGP variants" and "KGP variants"
       + any others?

  5. finalizing presentation on CJK coordination given by Hiro

  6. discussion about letters to ICANN (drafted by Wang Wei and Hiro)

  7. confirming CJK & IP meeting (19 Oct) agenda and materials
       + each GP status brief update
       + letter to ICANN
       + reduction of allocatable labels
       + any others?

Action list (agreed in ICANN Meeting  Buenos Aires)

  1. Yoneya will remove the last note and finalize the terminology.

       ->done

  2. Yoneya will revise “step3, 1.1.2” and send it to CJK to confirm
     integration algorithm.

       ->'review' is introduced as an intermediate status of some kinds
         of variant labels generated by the algorithm
       ->done

  3. propose comments and questions to ICANN

     3.1. Hiro will write something that propose use of LGR as part of
          the application process.

            ->under drafting

     3.2. Wang Wei will write something of putting attributes to the
          generated labels possibly using subtypes.

            ->almost drafted

  4. Edmon will draft a statement for consideration for agreement for
     the LGR being only the part of the application process, which is
     one of the results of this meeting.

            ->not yet done : may follow 3.1 and 3.2

  5. JGP will try to find some ways to reduce the allocatable labels.

       ->investigation done

  6. CGP will find the way using WLE to ensure that the applied for
     label can be allocatable even the result of the LGR has it as
     blocked.

       ->will be included in the document in 3.2i