[council] Draft Call for papers, new gTLD PDP

Ken Stubbs kstubbs at afilias.info
Wed Jan 4 18:09:29 UTC 2006

*I** am becoming a firm believer in the concept of a "drop dead" date
for PDP's.

I believe that we need to insure against "perpetuity" by providing in
the process a "reasonable" time period
for completion.. If the time period is not met then that specific PDP
would expire and an entirely new PDP would have to be initiated.

I do not think it is a good idea to allow for council votes for "time
extensions" for a specific PDP as this
would circumvent the concept of a "timely " process..

your thoughts ?

Ken Stubbs*