[council] draft motion - response to NGPC letter - Rec 19/Spec 13

Thomas Rickert rickert at anwaelte.de
Mon Apr 28 19:35:11 UTC 2014

All,
please find attached a draft motion in response to the NGPC's letter with
respect to Specification 13.

We may need to continue our discussion but one clear message is that it is
important to respond in a timely way to the deadline set by the NGPC.
Therefore, any associated motion must meet the documents and motions
deadline today for the upcoming GNSO Council telephone conference.

The proposed motion encompasses the following messages, which I have heard
and read so far:

- There is an inconsistency between Recommendation 9 and Spec 13.
- There is an understanding for and recognition of the .BRAND Registries'
request.
- The Council should respond to the NGPC's request and - in case an
inconsistency is existent - make a constructive proposal on how to deal with
this.

Therefore, I have included additional clauses to state that the Council does
not oppose the implementation of all of Spec 13 now, but requests that the
Board make sure that appropriate safeguards are put in place in future rounds. Also, I have included a clause on
the Council reserving the right to initiate a PDP if need be.

I hope this is an acceptable compromise and I am more than happy to discuss
this further.

Thanks,
Thomas