[Ctn-crosscom] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Thursday 26 November 2014

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Nov 26 16:54:26 UTC 2014

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs  meeting held on Thursday 26 November 2014 at 09:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ccwg-unct-20141026-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO

Ron Sherwood, .vi

Mirjana Tasic, .rs

Laura Hutchison, .uk

Annebeth Lange, .no

Grigori Saghyan, .am

Neil El Himam, .id

Annebeth Lange, .no

GNSO

Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)

Maxim Alzoba, NTAG

Liz Williams, NTAG

Sonigitu Ekpe, NCUC

Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC

SSAC

Jaap Akkerhuis

At-Large

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

Apologies:

Carlos Marco Liuzzi

Jordi Iparraguirre, ccNSO Council NomCom appointee

Young-Eum Lee, .kr

Gabriela Szlak, GNSO Council liaison

Mason Cole, RySG

ICANN staff:

Marika Konings

Bart Boswinkel

Lars Hoffman

Kristina Nordstrom

Nathalie Peregrine

Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg> https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 26 November 2014:

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting on the 26th November 2014

  Carlos Rau:good night!

  Carlos Rau::)

  Ron Sherwood:Hi, Carlos... 3:50 am here

  Carlos Rau:hey

  Carlos Rau:you are 1 hour ahead

  Carlos Rau:pretty quiet around here

  Ron Sherwood:Mucha lluvia aquí en Panamá

  Heather Forrest:Hello everyone, just dialing in now

  Annebeth Lange:Hi Heather!

  Annebeth Lange:Annebeth here, from a beautiful morning in Oslo

  Grigori Saghyan:Hello everyone

  Bart Boswinkel:Hi All

  Carlos Rau:good morning

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please all MUTE your phones and AC mics when not talking.

  Ron Sherwood:No audio here

  Nathalie  Peregrine:I hear AC audio, please provide a phone number and we will dial out to you

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Maxim Alzoba has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Laura Hutchison has alspo joined

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everyone, sorry for being bit late

  Annebeth Lange:Hello Laura

  Sonigitu Ekpe:Hello all! So for been let.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Sonigtu Ekpe has joined the call

  Sonigitu Ekpe:Thank you Nathalie.

  Laura Hutchison:Hi everyone

  Annebeth Lange:CAN YOU HEAR ME?

  Heather Forrest:No we cannot hear you Annebeth

  Nathalie  Peregrine:yes

  Laura Hutchison:yes!

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):my personal opinion that we might ask the GAC subgroup to take our letter into consideration

  Sonigitu Ekpe:I do agree on the submission to the GAC.

  Laura Hutchison:I don't have a mic to no audio contribution but just wanted to say that I would be supportive of submitting a letter.  I agree with Annebeth's point that it is important that we make the GAC aware of the overlap so that they do not reach recommendations before we conclude our work.

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):we might add wording that we will be happy to provide further clarifications and will be happy to have f2f meetings if required.

  Annebeth Lange:Agree

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):+1 ( on meeting with the entire group - if possible)

  Annebeth Lange:I agree

  Lars Hoffmann:i am happy to circulate a new draft later today

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):we sholud be ready for their suggestion to meet before sunday (GAC start their work on Friday ... I think)

  Marika Konings:@Maxim - I think the GAC starts their meetings on Saturday, I believe

  Marika Konings:or at least they did so in Los Angeles

  Carlos Rau:normally saturday noon

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:a luchime meting on Sunday?

  Marika Konings:Monday is an option too - although members will need to accept that other high level topic meetings may be in direct conflict

  Marika Konings:Lunch time on Sunday won't work for the GNSO

  Heather Forrest:Monday afternoon would be helpful for GNSO as issues could be taken back to constituencies on Tuesday

  Annebeth Lange:Monday is usually a day the GAC is a little more free

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:should read meeting? and he Monpm is usually committed o other side rangeng intertmeet

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):on sunday excom of RySG/NTAG/RrSG usually and GEOtlds ... so preferrably not sunday

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:orryaboutte typos

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:would meet over the lunch break on Monday to minimise clashes

  Annebeth Lange:I think that those involved in geographical names probably will prefer to go to our meeting

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):it depends on timing  - lunchbreaks are good idea (usually vacant)

  Laura Hutchison:No objections from me.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:has to e done in short order IO

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:email

  Carlos Rau:yes email

  Neil El Himam:email

  Annebeth Lange:email

  Laura Hutchison:email

  Annebeth Lange:Yes, after we have had the comments back

  Marika Konings:To confirm - document deadline for the GNSO is 1 December at 23:59 UTC (to be considered during the meeting on 11 December)

  Annebeth Lange:Bart, what is the deadline for the ccNSO?

  Annebeth Lange:ok

  Annebeth Lange:I have to leave the call in 5 minutes, due to a meeting I cannot escape from. Please excuse me.

  Annebeth Lange:yes

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):+1

  Carlos Rau:What do you mean under 5 "study group"

  Carlos Rau:ok

  Carlos Rau:thanks

  Annebeth Lange:The link to the final report is in the agenda for this meeting

  Carlos Rau:ok Gracias

  Benjamin Akinmoyeje:Hi everyone

  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):excuse me - I need to attend another meeting

  Benjamin Akinmoyeje:Can I get the draft of the letter to GAC

  Heather Forrest:Maxim, thank you for attending

  Marika Konings:@Benjamin - the letter will be circulated shortly

  Annebeth Lange:Sorry, I leave now.

  Carlos Rau:Thanks Annabeth

  Heather Forrest:Thanks so much for your input Annebeth

  Benjamin Akinmoyeje:ok thanks @Marika

  Marika Konings:FYI, the CWG wiki can be found here: https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

  Carlos Rau:we should have it ready before the enxt call

  Carlos Rau:for example we need a common name

  Carlos Rau:GAC calls it protection

  Carlos Rau:GNSO calls it USE

  Carlos Rau:the wiki Marika just pointed speaks USE

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:use

  Heather Forrest:Thank you

  Carlos Rau:we should push for this definition in the letter already

  Carlos Rau:I mean speak out the difference

  Carlos Rau:Gracias!!!!!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye for now then .. thanks Heather

  Neil El Himam:Thank you everyone

  Mirjana Tasic:bye

  Laura Hutchison:Thanks. Bye

  Heather Forrest:Thank you everyone for your participation and input!

  Grigori Saghyan:thnaks to everyone