[Ctn-crosscom] Attendance MP3 CTN meeting - Monday 04 May 2015

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Mon May 4 20:06:13 UTC 2015

Dear All,

 Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday 04 May 2015 at 11:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-review-04may15-en.mp3
On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may><http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#apr>m<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>ay<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/
Attendees:
ccNSO
Ron Sherwood, .vi
Annebeth Lange, .no   (Co-Chair)
Joke Braeken, .eu
Mirjana Tasic, .rs
Grigori Saghyan, .am
Mary Uduma, ng

GNSO
Heather Forrest, IPC (Co-Chair)
Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC
Maxim Alzoba, NTAG

At-Large
Cheryl Langdon-Orr
Jordi Iparraguirre

ISO
Jaap Akkerhuis

GAC
Olga Cavalli
Brian Beckham – WIPO, GAC observer
Tom Dale – GAC Secretariat

Apologies: Sonigitu Ekpe, NCUC

ICANN staff:
Bart Boswinkel
Lars Hoffman
Nathalie Peregrine

Mailing list archives:http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/ctn-crosscom/
 Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie
Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 04 May 2015:
Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the CCWG on Use of Country/ Territory Names as TLDs on the 4th May 2015
  olga cavalli - GAC:helllo heather and nathalie
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):Good morning
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello everyone, welcome!
  Heather Forrest:Hello Olga, Carlos, Nathalie
  Bart Boswinkel (staff):Hi All wil be dialing in in a minute
  Ron Sherwood:Hello everone
  Ron Sherwood:Good morning, Jaap
  olga cavalli - GAC:hi there is no audio is that ok? im on mute
  Heather Forrest:Olga - audio has started but we are waiting for others to join. If you have not heard anything up to now you might have an issue with the sound
  olga cavalli - GAC:i heard some voices but no audio now
  Heather Forrest:Hello everyone, thank you for joining today's meeting of the CWG. We will begin shortly - just waiting for Annebeth Lange, co-chair
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Olga, did you hear people joining then?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Bart and Joke?
  Lars Hoffmann 2:@olga - would you like a dial out?
  olga cavalli - GAC:yes i did hear jaap but no audio now
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everyone. Do we have adobe audio?
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ olga, thanks for confirming
  Heather Forrest:Just to be clear - nobody is speaking right now but we will begin very shortly
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Hello everyone
  olga cavalli - GAC:@lars in general adobe audio works better than telephone for me, lets see, if there are problems i will let you know and you call me
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Jordi Iparraguirre has jojned the call
  Lars Hoffmann 2:@olga - sounds good. thanks olga
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Grigori Saghyan is also on
  olga cavalli - GAC:hola jordi,
  Nathalie  Peregrine: @ all, disturbance is coming from an AC mic, so please be sure to mute your mic (white arrow to the right of the mic icon at the top of the toolbar)
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Annebeth has joined the call
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:Sorry to be late, had some problems with the connection
  Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC):Heather seem to have her micofoon volume to high, causing distortion
  Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC):This seems better
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Jaap, Heather is connected via the phone, not the AC mic,  I'm listening on both the bridge nd the AC room and hear no distortion, please join the audio bridge to improve the audio on your end.
  Bart Boswinkel (staff):24 April version
  Bart Boswinkel (staff):from Heather
  olga cavalli - GAC:@ lars i hear nothing please dial out to me 541148262530
  Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC):Audio is better
  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ Olga, we're dialing out to you now
  Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC):I have a problem with quite some changes
  Heather Forrest:Jaap, please speak after Bart
  olga cavalli - GAC:i hear now thanks
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:Bart, I certainly agree with your comments
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Cheryl Langdon-Orr has joined the audio bridge
  olga cavalli - GAC:@lars are there minutes of the meeting once finished?
  Lars Hoffmann 2:@olga - there is a recording and the MP3
  Lars Hoffmann 2:yes - either you can send me edits - or you can edit with track changes and send me that version, i will then merge versions.
  Heather Forrest:Thank you Lars
  Heather Forrest:Thank you Lars
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:Bart, that would be very useful.
  Heather Forrest:Annebeth - we can't hear you
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Annebeth, you have not activated your AC mic
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:I am not on mute
  Nathalie  Peregrine:please click on the telephone icon at the top of the AC toolbar
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:I am here, but you cannot hear me
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Annebeth is not on the audio bridge, you need to click  on the telephne icon to activate your mic. Or please provide your nr and we will dial out to you
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):now
  Heather Forrest:Lars could we please scroll to definitions section
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):we may want ot move the main defintions to an annex
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):the "geographic" definitions
  Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC):For a srange definiton, see page 15
  Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC):(I was slow as well finding the raise hand book)
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):We are talking about ICANN today
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:Our mandate goes beyond codes, as I see it, but country & territories originated from the codes in the ISO list.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):we dont need to cover all, but certainly we have advanced BEYOND ISO in real life
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):agree with Annebeth
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:What we are discussing is the use of country & territory names (originated from the ISO list) used as TLDs.
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:The AGB excluded c & t names in different versions from this round. So what will happen with these names in the future?  My understanding is that our mandate is to try to make it easier to find out what to do in the future.
  Heather Forrest:I agree, Annebeth
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Mary Uduma has joined the AC room
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):Annabeth, on the other hand the AGB, allthough prtecting country names, it did expand on geography....
  Mary Uduma:Hello All, was in Argentina Embassy for visa application.  I am very sorry for joining the call late
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):and thats what we have to deal with
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:Yes, Carlos, but we only deal with what is excluded as c & t names. Not all other geographical names that actually were allowed, even if some of them needed support or non-objection.
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):exatly, thats what i mean by boundaries and we have to make clear that we are on a narrower track (WIPO definition maybe) than the AGB, by recognizing the differences on both definitions
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:In my view the WIPO definition is not wide enough
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:Carlos, only AGB Module 2,  2.2.1.4.1 Treatment of Country or Territory Names
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Marketa has joined the AC room
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):lets expand it then
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:I think the confusion is that in the definition in the position paper it says Section 2.2.4.1 - not 2.2.4.1.1
  Annebeth Lange, Norid:It is only 2.2.4.1.1 that should be included in our mandate and definition
  Heather Forrest:Annebeth - I see your hand, please speak after Olga
  Heather Forrest:Quite right Annebeth
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Good Call  thanks everyoine  Bye  for now
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):6am in Costa Rica now
  Carlos Raul (GNSO):dont know if I cna go to bed again
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:reasonable time all round  :)
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID) 2:3pm , but public holidays in Moscow
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye  talk in 14 days then...
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Bye
  Jordi Iparraguirre:thank you. bye
  olga cavalli - GAC: thanks!
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID) 2:thanks Everyone
  Ron Sherwood:Thank you everyone
  Jaap Akkerhuis (SSAC):Bye Bye.
  Mary Uduma:Bye All
  Heather Forrest:Thanks very much Nathalie, Bart, Lars
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Good nifght Heather!