[Ctn-crosscom] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs 13 June 2016

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue Jun 14 01:11:55 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday, 13 June 2016 at 20:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-cwg-ctn-13jun16-en.mp3

<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-cwg-ctn-13jun16-en.mp3>

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#june

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO:
Annebeth Lange, .no
Ron Sherwood, .vi

Paul Szyndler (co-Chair), .au

Mirjana Tasic, .rs

Jaqueline Morris, .tt

Laura Hutchinson, .uk

Young-Eum Lee, .kr

GNSO

Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC  (co-Chair)
Maxim Alzoba, NTAG

Susan Payne, NTAG
Alexander Schubert, RySG

Additional Members:
Jaap Akkerhuis, ISO 3166 Expert

Apologies:

Heather Forrest, IPC (co-Chair)

Colin O'Brien, IPC

ICANN Staff:
Brian Aitchison
Bart Boswinkel
Patrick Jones
Steve Chan
Joke Braeken
Michelle DeSmyter

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/QxWOAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

                                                ****************

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 13 June 2016

  Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the CWG-Use of Country and Territory Names as TLDs on Monday, 13 June 2016 at 20:00 UTC.
  Joke Braeken:Hello everybody!
  Alexander Schubert:Hello!
  Ron Dherwood:Hello All
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):Hello Everybody
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Hello Evrybody
  Alexander Schubert:On the gNSO call today it seems that they wait for INPUT from US!
  Alexander Schubert:Question: Do we expect the group to give US input - or the other way aournd: We giving input to the gNSO?
  Alexander Schubert:OK
  Alexander Schubert:Great!
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):audio levels are quite different ... might be an issue with the bridge
  Alexander Schubert:Microphone input in audio settings
  Susan Payne:thanks, Annebeth, the cards sound useful
  Annebeth Lange, ccNSO:Susan, we dont hear you
  Alexander Schubert:Seems two are speaking
  Laura Watkins (Hutchison):Agreed - cards sound like a really good way of getting an idea of the views in the room without requiring everyone to speak
  Susan Payne:THANKS, yes it does
  Susan Payne:I do have a comment - I think it will be easy to have an incendiary discussion..  Maybe harder to come out with agreed conclusions as we see even in the WG that opinions are very varied
  Susan Payne:But I do like the idea of the session
  Annebeth Lange, ccNSO:THank you, SUsan. Comment noted.
  Young-eum Lee:I will be in Helsinki
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:I will be there, and I will attend
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):I am going to be there
  Alexander Schubert:I am attending
  Susan Payne:Me too
  Laura Watkins (Hutchison):I will be in Helsinki
  Alexander Schubert:When isthe 2nd GAC meting (regarding ISO alpha 3)?
  Alexander Schubert:Thanks!
  Alexander Schubert:Bye!
  Young-eum Lee:Thanks
  Alexander Schubert:Great!
  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Bye, see you
  Laura Watkins (Hutchison):Thanks - see you in Helsinki!
  Maxim Alzoba (FAITID):safe flights
  Susan Payne:thanks all.  bye
  jaap akkerhuis:Bye all!
  Ron Dherwood:Bye all