[Ctn-crosscom] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs 02 May 2016

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue May 3 15:07:19 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Cross-Community Working Group on Use of Country/Territory Names as TLDs meeting held on Monday, 02 May 2016 at 20:00 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-ctn-02may16-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03Zqpsuivx2ooPfEprkHUCdPsGWn3sUtrcOxvpWCHdlRoPJC2Q-3D-3D_nEX-2FaOijqgcJlSz5SkmueJu3tRbmaDiuX89gT35tStEeSHP9whdoceObpMxYsFLQddiMZpQjIv8dk6BsBGSJXH7VWN4SGLCJgbGKCk6E-2FTErjF4OKNQt65Dk9NF54IJ9kQpmDNySj7bbNz9G4dXi5BgbCZotTx8KNfyeB0z00f8KsMfETeTNKd7vy2kKI7tttQUIwid4NAhxXgT3nZYwmhVgpK6IeATDegeseN0-2FicNxZcQG3Hq1JBDpV6xHnHpF8xKOv1GkuXBjxupCxtJxcELLUeIiM3VsuyDwD-2Bva02U9xixgCmgQ0w7xJl-2Fj4iHprhRTCufw-2FOph7ktEU5c5cGGpjt3XUkZ2slaXvdcipt6VjscGZN0Q33pMx82wg2Ia2k2M-2BfyZbn0Bz6UOF-2Fa-2Bl2SSoNgDufo0IcZmF4BvyvNsYP30WMl5gjRDB-2BMaXweUGeYqt8istLv8pqG9Bmcai2Yih-2FzWLrg42Xb2siubUTcvPLuq0dm3Du6SVmnze8Db>

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

ccNSO:
Annebeth Lange, .no
Ron Sherwood, .vi
Sebastien Pensis, .eu

Sanna Sahlman, .fi

Paul Szyndler (co-Chair), .au

Mirjana Tasic, .rs

Grigori Saghyan, .am

GNSO
Heather Forrest, IPC (co-Chair)

Carlos Raul Guttierez, NPOC  (co-Chair)
Colin O’Brien, IPC
Robin Gross, NCSG
Griffin Barnett, IPC

ALAC:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr

GAC:
Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos

Apologies:
Maxim Alzoba, NTAG (GNSO)

Susan Payne, NTAG (GNSO)

Jaap Akkerhuis  ( ISO 3166 Expert)
Laura Hutchinson, .uk (ccNSO)

ICANN staff:
Joke Braeken

Lars Hoffman
Brian Aitchison
Bart Boswinkel
Terri Agnew

 Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/X7XhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

                                                ****************

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday 02 May 2016:

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the CWG on country and territory names as TLDs call held on Monday, 02 May 2016

  Terri Agnew:wiki agenda page: https://community.icann.org/x/GkGAAw

  Ron Sherwood:Hello everyone

  Bart Boswinkel:Hi All

  Annebeth Lange:Good evening everybody

  Colin O'Brien:Hello everyone.

  Heather Forrest (GNSO co-chair):Good morning, everyone. Thanks for joining today

  Carlos Raul:Hello

 Mirjana Tasic .rs:Hello everyone

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos

  Carlos Raul:καληνύχτα

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Paul Szyndler

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Morning Paul

  Paul Szyndler:Greetings all - apologies for the delay

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Griffin Barnett

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Grigori Saghyan

  Terri Agnew:Meeting Schedule Planning wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/_o5CAw

  Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos:I am sorry that, due to the economic situation of Greece, I cannot confirm that I will be present in Helsinki. I suggest to contact Ms Olga Cavalli (chair of the GAC WG on geographic names) to arrange the cross-community meeting. Her email is: occ at mrecic.gov.ar<mailto:occ at mrecic.gov.ar>

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Yes i think a CROSS Community Session woud be useful and timely in Helsinki

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):BUT  we need to get it into the AGENDA  ASAP

  Annebeth Lange:Ørnulf Storm representing Norway in the GAC is also a member of our WG and I think he is participating in Helsinki

  Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos:unfortunately, I cannot see chat messages...

  Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos:+1

  Annebeth Lange:Question to Panos, would you be able to participate from Greece on remote if this discussion take place there?

  Annebeth Lange:+1 for your views here, Heather

  Colin O'Brien:Well said Annebeth.

  Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos:As GAC member, I fully agree with Annebeth

  Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos:But I still cannot see chat messages... :(

  Carlos Raul:@CLO +1 with the Forum Idea

  Annebeth Lange:+1 for Cheryl

  Sanna Sahlman:I support the idea of public forum

  Ron Sherwood:@ CLO +1 avoiding litigation

  Annebeth Lange:Agree

  Sanna Sahlman:and meeting with GAC as well

  Annebeth Lange:Bart, could someone copy the chat to Panos, since he does not see it?

  Carlos Raul:@Sanna of course GAC would be part of the Forum

  Bart Boswinkel:@ Annebeth: we will

  Sanna Sahlman:@Carlos: ok, great!

  Joke Braeken:AC chat will be sent in the follow up attendance, mp3 email

  Annebeth Lange:What about the form we have had before with red and green cards moderated by Patrick, wasn't that his name? That was quite lively

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Yes they were greeat  but I am biased as an organiser

  Carlos Raul::)

  Carlos Raul:Forum or Round-Table, with name TBA......

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):we literally set it up back in the 'old days'  as a round (well large square) table  woth the audience as 360 round that

  Annebeth Lange:+1

  Annebeth Lange:Bart, so then it will be a panel? But perhaps still with cards

  Sanna Sahlman:In my opinnion all formats (public forum, round table, panel discussions) have been effective, if the subject is interresting enough!

  Annebeth Lange:Good

  Annebeth Lange:Could we ask the WG members to mail us suggestions?

  Sanna Sahlman:I like the idea of coloured cards. That encourages people to speak up their opinnions.

  Bart Boswinkel:@Annebeth: you hVW BWWN N  lot of wednesday afternoon meetings

  Bart Boswinkel:you have been involved in a lot of teh Wednesday afternoon sessions

  Annebeth Lange:@ Bart, you think that format?

  Carlos Raul:excellent plan!

  Bart Boswinkel:they wwere different

  Annebeth Lange:Let us discuss further to find the right way forward

  Annebeth Lange:THank you Heather for chairing the meeting in an excellent way

  Colin O'Brien:Thanks Heather and staff!

  Sanna Sahlman:Thank you all and wellcome to Helsinki! :)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Thanks everyone, bye for now...

  Carlos Raul:txs

  Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos:Thank you everyone. Have a good night. Bye!

  Annebeth Lange:GOod night!

  Ron Sherwood:Thanks all Bye

  Mirjana Tasic .rs:Bye

  Grigori Saghyan:Thank you and bye!

  Heather Forrest (GNSO co-chair):Bye everyone, thanks for joining today's call

  Panagiotis Papaspiliopoulos:@Carlos καλή νύχτα!

  Heather Forrest (GNSO co-chair):Many thanks to our excellent ICANN staff