[Ctn-crosscom] Public forum session in Helsinki - invitees

Susan Payne susan.payne at valideus.com
Thu May 5 11:50:48 UTC 2016

Hi all, I was sorry to miss the WG call this week, but have caught up with the transcript and see that there is an action item for us to identify individuals or organisations who might be specifically invited to some form of public forum session in Helsinki.    Here are my suggestions - I am assuming that for groups/organisations they will probably identify internally if there is a more appropriate person to be a specific representative:

Leadership from the GNSO SGs and Cs - this topic is of particular interest for the RySG, BC, IPC and NCSG I believe;
Organisations/Individuals who submitted comments to the late 2015 Proposal on Geographic Names from the group of GAC members.  Although the GAC subgroup proposal covered additional geographic terms, it was agreed on the last call that there is strong overlap with this WG.  A number of organisations and individuals submitted comments on this proposal and so they are clearly informed on and interested in this topic.  Many seem to be outside of the formal ICANN structure, and so I think it would be helpful to specifically invite them.  Below is my guess as to which of these tend to come to ICANN meetings (or have members who do so) and who could therefore be expected to wish to attend in person.  Of the others, perhaps an early invitation might even help them in considering whether to attend.

Generally Represented at ICANN meetings:

Brand Registry Group - Martin Sutton  (Exec Director)
Domain Name Association - Roy Arbeit (Exec Director)
i2 Coalition - Christian Dawson (Chairman & Co-founder Internet Infrastructure Coalition)
International Trademark Association - John McElwaine (Chair of the Internet Committee); Lori Schulman (Senior Director, Internet Policy)
MARQUES Cyberspace Team - Alan Ramsay (Company Secretary)
Gareth Dickson (formerly Edwards Wildman, now Cooley LLP)

Possibly do not generally attend ICANN meetings:

Association Internationale pour la Protection de la Propriété Intellectuelle (AIPPI) - Sarah Matheson (Reporter General)
Association of National Advertisers - Dan Jaffe (Group EVP, Government)
Technology Policy Institute - Thomas M. Lenard (President and Senior Fellow)
The Internet Business Council for Africa
The University of Akron School of Law - Jacqueline D. Lipton, (Ph.D.), David L. Brennan (Professor of Law; Director, The Center for Intellectual Property Law and Technology)
U.S. Chamber of Commerce - Adam C. Schlosser (Director, Center for Global Regulatory Cooperation)
U.S. Council for International Business - Barbara P. Wanner (Vice President, IC Policy)

Susan

Susan Payne
Head of Legal Policy | Valideus Ltd
28-30 Little Russell Street
London, WC1A 2HN, United Kingdom

E: susan.payne at valideus.com<mailto:susan.payne at valideus.com>
D: +44 20 7421 8255
T: +44 20 7421 8299
M: +44 7971 661175

Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf of Valideus Ltd.
This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to us, and immediately and permanently delete it. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Valideus Ltd is registered in England and Wales with company number 06181291 and VAT number 987 7551 49.  Our registered office is at 28-30 Little Russell Street, London, WC1A 2HN.