[client com] Work plan and fee estimates

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Thu Feb 18 15:44:58 UTC 2016

CWG Client Committee Colleagues

ICANN is asking for work plans in order to best estimate the ongoing costs
associated with the transition project. Since the single largest expenditure
is legal fees, there is understandably an enhanced focus on this.

Lise and I discussed it and we see the areas of future work as follows:

1.      The drafting of a Letter to the CCWG on dependencies.
This is work in progress and should be complete in the next week or so.

2.      The work to draft ICANN bylaws pertaining to PTI
An initial draft was prepared. CWG are in the process of providing input to
a series of questions raised.
Thereafter, Sidley will take our output and further refine their original
draft.
Thereafter, we expect to hand the pen to ICANN legal staff for further
drafting and integration with other bylaw work.
We can expect that we will require of Sidley that they undertake one or more
reviews of this work.

3.      ICANN legal and operational staff are taking the lead on the
Creation and setup of PTI
We can expect that we will require of Sidley that they undertake one or more
reviews of this work.

This seems to be the scope of the work for which ICANN will need to estimate
and budget.

Before we put this to the CWG, please feel free to provide and comment or
supplementary input.

Many thanks,

Jonathan